50K and RELAY
The Wild West Old Fart's GRIN and BEAR IT 50K and the "Yes, I am a WIMP... but I still have My Sanity" Relay
The course runs the same loop course 3 times...the 50K individuals run three loops and the relay teams must cover 3 loops also...with up to 3 team members per team.
The GRIN and BEAR IT 50K has a Sun Down rule in effect which means you have to finish before the sun goes down or be pulled from the course do to safety reasons and the fact that the park closes at dusk!
AWARDS: every ULTRA finisher will receive a medal along with a finisher certificate. Overall Awards will be Western Themed and everyone that finishes will get some kind of award from very nice awards for the top finishers to not so nice...but funny awards for the time challenged runners who by some chance got lucky and finished! Medals will be given out to all relay team finishers in place of their team finish.
PACING: if you have a pacer to come and help you out the pacer is only allowed to run with you after thye fisrt loop has been completed solo.
THIS IS AN ALL TRAIL EVENT...SO IF YOU RAN LAST YEAR'S RACE...WE HAVEN'T CHANGED THE COURSE...SO HAPPY TRAILS TO YOU!
Each Loop has a wide array of different trails, hills, and a water crossing.
There will be plenty of great scenery and changing terrain to keep you occupied in this race.
AID STATIONS AT THE START/FINISH LINE LOOP AND HALF WAY-ISH MARK in the Loop.
WILD WEST trivia ?'s:
1. According to a rumor, Billy the Kid shot one man for every year he lived...if that rumor is true then how many men did he kill? a. 15, b. 19, c. 21, d. 25
2. What disease did Billy's mom die from: a. Tuberculosis, b. Rabies, c. Infection from an open wound, d. Nobody knows
3. Which of the following was "The Gun that Won the West": a.Smith and Wesson Revolver, b. Winchester Rifle, c. Sharps Derringer, d. Colt Peacemaker
4. Which of the following outlaws wrote his own press release for a train robbery he committed? a. Butch Cassidy, b. Jesse James, c. Wyatt Earp, d. Sundance Kid
5. At what age did sharpshooter Annie Oakley start using a gun? a. 9, b. 10, c. 11, d. 126. How much did an eight-course Sunday dinner including chicken, steak, trout, oysters, frog legs, fresh shrimp and live lobster cost in 1935 at the Lotus Cafe in downtown Sheridan?
(Anyone who has ever dressed a child will love this one!)
Did you hear about the Texas teacher who was helping one of her kindergarten students put on his cowboy boots?
He asked for help and she could see why. Even with her pulling and him pushing, the little boots still didn't want to go on. By the time they got the second boot on, she had worked up a sweat...
She almost cried when the little boy said, "Teacher, they're on the wrong feet.." She looked,
and sure enough, they were. It wasn't any easier pulling the boots off than it was putting them on.
She managed to keep her cool as together they worked to get the boots back on, this time on the right feet.
He then announced, "These aren't my boots."
She bit her tongue rather than get right in his face and scream, "Why didn't you say so?" like she wanted to.
Once again, she struggled to help him pull the ill-fitting boots off his little feet.
No sooner had they gotten the boots off when he said, "They're my brother's boots. My Mom made me wear
Now she didn't know if she should laugh or cry. But, she Mustered up what grace and courage she had left to wrestle the boots on his feet again.
Helping him into his coat, she asked, "Now, where are your Mittens?"
He said, "I stuffed 'em in the toes of my boots."
She will be eligible for parole in three years.